- 1st MV Agusta Magni imported into the UK in 1978
- Recent full rebuild by world renowned Kay family
- New: Crankshaft, valves & guilds, coil, distributor, tyres and chain
- 2 Owners from new, 1st owner for 39 years
- Original Tool kit, hand books, sales literature, full fairing
The name Magni is legendary in the MV Agusta world and deservedly so. The great man Arturo Magni joined MV Agusta in 1950 and under his management the company enjoyed the greatest period of racing domination ever achieved in the sport. The list of credits is endless but needless to say that the team took 250 Grand Prix victories and a staggering 75 world championships under his command (37 manufacturer championships and 38 rider championships!).
Following MV Agusta’s retirement from racing in 1976, Arturo and his sons Carlo and Giovanni set up their own factory to build lightweight racing and sporting motorcycles obviously with a particular specialty in MV Agusta. Their main product was to take a stock 750cc, 4-cylinder MV as a donor bike and improve it in all areas as the customer desired, including their own lightened frames, removal of the heavy shaft drive and replacing it with a chain and sprocket, a lightweight tank and seat units were installed and the engine fettled. With the engine numerous improvement are made including the capacity increased, normally to 861cc, bigger carburetors are fitted and a 4 into 4 free flowing exhausts.
This MV Agusta Magni started life as a stock 1976 MV Agusta 750cc Monza that was sent to Arturo Magni’s workshop from where it was delivered to the UK in 1977 and on to its first owner in 1978 – this is believed to be the first Magni in the country. The work done to the bike included all the usual weight saving measures such as the aluminum tank, seat unit, chain conversion, 5 inch wheels and fairing. The engine received the 861 enlargement, 30mm Dell’Orto carbs, sports pipes, etc. The biggest difference is the huge weight loss and combined with a power increase to 100hp these were true racing bikes for the road.
This extraordinary motorcycle was kept by its first owner for 39 years and only passed to the current / second owner in 2017. The bike has been wonderfully looked after and retains much of its original paper work and parts including the original purchase invoice, original riders manual, original tool set (very rare!), original full fairing and original sales literature.
The bike also benefits from a comprehensive overhaul by world renowned MV Agusta specials the Kay family at MV Meccanica Verghera who in July 2019 carried out the following work:
- Engine stripped, cleaned and reassembled using all new bearings and rollers
- A new crankshaft manufactured and installed with modified split bearings, new end ball-bearings and rollers
- New valves and guilds. Valve seats re-cut
- Carburetors stripped, cleaned and reassembled
- Exhaust cleaned and painted. New noise deadening material
- New Coil / electronic distributor / spark plugs
- New half fairing / brackets / screen / painted
- New tyres / new chain
This particular MV Agusta Magni is in outstanding condition in every way and ready to go for the next lucky owner. These early conversions done by Arturo himself are highly prized and combined with the wonderful original documentation and tools/fairing/etc this is a perfect bike for any collection and more importantly a joy to ride.