Invoices show various mechanical works carried out
Comprehensive history file
Launched at the London Motor Show in 1948 the Jaguar XK120, remained in production until 1954. Available in two open versions, the open two-seater (OTS) or drophead Coupe (DHC), and from 1951, the fixed head coupe (FHC).
XK120s were fitted with independent torsion bar front suspension, semi-elliptic leaf springs at the rear, telescopically adjustable steering column and recirculating ball steering, and all-round 12-inch drum brakes. It was powered by a 3.4 litre inline 6 cylinder, fitted with double SU carburettors that help achieve 160hp and producing a reported top speed at the time of 124mph.
BJM 200 is the 63rd of just 294 right-hand drive Jaguar XK120 DHC built and the car was first offered for sale in 1954. The car was sold at auction as a restoration project by Coys in their Silverstone auction in July 2000 to Mr Dermot Bambridge.
This XK120 DHC has since undergone restoration of the interior woodwork, all leather-cloth trim and a mohair hood has been fitted to the car by Mick Turley as well as the replacement of all rubber on the car, including suspension, engine mounts, belts, hoses, fuel tank and other mechanical works. Mr Bambridge also addressed the suspension and tackled the bodywork and paint, as well as replacing the exhaust system.
This Jaguar XK120 DHC’s restoration has been documented in detail (as shown by the copies of a Jaguar newsletter offering their readers of details in the restoration of a Jaguar XK120) by the owner Mr Bambridge who has kept all invoices of the work completed on the car. The bursting history file includes a variety of copies and original invoices of the work completed on the car since it’s restoration as well as copies of the MOT Test Certificates from 1980.
The car is now offered for sale at The Classic Motor Hub and is ready for immediate inspection.
Browse Our Cars
Browse similar cars that The Classic Motor Hub have to offer.