- 1957 MGA 1500 Roadster for sale
- Long-term restoration completed in 2015
- Bare-metal resprayed and with new chromework
- Red with Biscuit trim and soft top
Announced in September 1955 and officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the MGA represented a complete styling break from MG’s earlier sports cars. A total of 101,081 units were sold before the end of production in July 1962, the vast majority of which were exported. Only 5869 cars were sold on the home market, the lowest percentage of any British car.
It was a body-on-frame design and used the “B” Series engine driving the rear wheels through a 4-speed gearbox. Suspension was independent with coil springs and wishbones at the front and a rigid axle with semi-elliptic springs at the rear. The car was available with either wire-wheels or steel-disc road wheels. The 1489cc engine produced 68hp in the first iterations, but was soon uprated to 72 hp. Lockheed hydraulic drum brakes were used on all wheels. A coupé version was also produced, bringing the total production of standard MGAs to 58,750.
THIS MOTOR CAR
Originally supplied to California in 1957 this MGA 1500 returned to the UK in the late eighties. Locked away for over 20 years it was eventually purchased in 2015 and a full restoration began. Photographs and detailed invoices accompany the car which is ready to go complete with a fresh service.
Having been checked over by our workshop the car is now available for sale and immediate inspection in The Hub Hangar Showroom