- Original 1959 AC Ace with matching numbers Bristol engine
- Wonderful period race provenance including Goodwood, Silverstone and Mallory Park
- Stunning history file with period photos and race programmes
- Invoices, letters and ownership history back to new
This 1959 AC Ace (Registration: YEW 475 / Chassis: BE 1038) was first registered on the 15th of April 1959 to its first owner John Fellows Lord de Ramsey of Huntingdon, having been supplied by Herbert Robinson Ltd of Cambridge. It is an original Bristol-engined, right-hand drive car and retains its original 100D2 engine (number 100D2 840). It is also one of the few cars fitted with a curved windscreen from new.
Four years later the Ace was bought by Farnham based Neil McNab, who actively campaigned it with his racing partner John Nicholson for the Farnborough Racing Enterprises team. YEW 475 was enthusiastically run throughout the 1963 and ‘64 seasons and a number of photographs exist in the extensive history file of the car being raced at Goodwood, Silverstone, Crystal Palace, Snetterton and Mallory Park now finished in white livery.
The original green logbook shows ownership changes in ‘64 and ‘66 before acquisition in October 1973 by Peter Mann who had the car painted red and returned with it to the track in 1974 and enjoyed a number of seasons racing the AC Ace.
For the ten years this AC Ace was in the ownership of Neil Corner – a highly-respected car enthusiast and racing driver. Under his guidance the Guard’s Ded livery was re-painted and leading Bristol engine specialist Ian Nuttal was employed to completely rebuild the original engine. In September 2017 the car went to specialists Stanton Motorsport where it had a full service, carburetors stripped, cleaned and set up, fuel tank flushed, rear brakes rebuilt, steering idler rebuilt and a new battery fitted.
The car has more recently been in a private collection and is now ready to be raced, rallied, toured and enjoyed by the next lucky owner. It comes with a fabulous history file including many wonderful photographs and programs from its racing time in the 1960s, previous ownership letters, an old style logbook, the original 1959 tax disc and owners instruction book, FIA papers, numerous invoices and MOT’s and further tax discs dating back over 30 years.